REASONS FOR COMING TO CHURCH
If you are:
A) Not coming to God’s house regularly, or
B) Not seeking to build it, then
Consider these reasons why you should fully direct your energies to build this and other local churches:
- God commands us to meet together to consider one another and to PROVOKE one another to love and to good works. “And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much more, as ye see the day approaching.” Hebrews 10:24,25.
- To rescue people from HELL. “And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments..…and said,…… I am tormented in this flame.” Luke 16:23,24.
- By coming to church, you TEACH YOUR CHILDREN that God’s House is important.
By not coming to church, you teach your children to forsake God, God’s House, God’s people and God’s work. You also teach them that the things of God do not matter. Deuteronomy 6:4,9.
- Coming to church is an unselfish thing that we do:
A) To put ourselves out to help others,
B) To glorify God,
C) To extend God’s kingdom. Matthew 6:33.
- You will never be fruitful 100 fold by avoiding church. Do you want to be fruitful? Matt. 13:23.
- If you know what is right and don’t do it, God will count you as unfaithful. Luke 12:42-48.
- It proves our love for God and for others. II Corinthians 8:8.
- If Christ gave eternal life to us, we should give our time and life for God and others. II Cor. 8:9.
- Not to suffer loss of rewards in eternity. I Corinthians 3:10-15.
- Coming to church proves our salvation, because we show our love for the brethren.I John 3:14-16
- Jesus went to God’s house weekly. Luke 4:16.
- To learn obedience.If we obey God by attending church,we’ll obey God in big things. Luk 16:10-21
- To become a Bible Teacher. Hebrews 5:12.
- To become great in God’s eyes like Moses who:
A) Refused worldly honour, v.24
B) Chose to suffer affliction with the people of God,
C) Did not pursue the pleasures of sin for a season,
D) He had respect for the recompense of God’s eternal reward. (Hebrews 11:24-27).
- We are being watched by so great a cloud of witness of angels and departed believers. Heb.12:1.
- To be a labourer in God’s harvest. Matthew 9:36-38.
- To reap and receive eternal wages and gather fruit unto eternal life. John 4:34-38.
- A) To multiply our talents. Matthew 25:19-21.
B) For God to say “Well done thou good and faithful servant.”
C) To become ruler over many things. Matthew 24:44-45.To lay up treasures in Heaven. Matthew 6:19.
- The Lord is coming soon. I John 2:28; Romans 14:12. We will all have to give account of our life and actions to God. We will be either confident or ashamed. Revelation 3:11.
- If you reject the Holy Spirit’s promptings on big things like church, you’ll never hear God’s promptings on important smaller things.
- The preacher’s message at church is often exactly what you need to hear from God.
- To get re-motivated and inspired to serve God.
- To set up a lighthouse for the truth of Christ and salvation to the community. Matthew 5:16.
- So you can notice and encourage any new or struggling people.
- So you can get the advice of Godly Christians regarding problems you may have.
- So you can help fight and pull in the spiritual battle for souls. Ephesians 6:11-19.
- So you can learn soul winning. Matthew 4:19.
- So you honour the Lord with your tithes and support and send out missionaries. Malachi 3:7-12.
- You get your next instructions from God at church.
- It is the first base to spiritual growth.
- Building this church is a key to multiplying other churches.
- It gives you self discipline to learn more.